Wednesday 27 June 2012

SURVIVAL OF THE MOST-QUEEN-SOUNDING - MUSE'S NEW SONG

So. Survival. 

I just don't know. 

It has several things that make it distinctly Muse; a few badass riffs, ridiculously grand orchestral-nicity, and the inimitable vocal stylings of Mr Matthew Bellamy. These are good things, but yet, I'm not sure. It's very Queen in several places, and it seems to me to lack a little coherence.

I'm basing this post on literally one listen to the song, and on the whole I'm not 100% convinced. It still, to me, sounds a bit The Resistance, when I (and I think a lot of people) were hoping for Absolution meets Origin Of Symmetry, I personally don't entirely think it's quite there. But hey, it's perfectly suited for the Olympics, as it is now the theme song, and further listens may bring with them more insight. So for now, I rate it 7/10. 




n.b. I realise this is like the 3rd consecutive Muse-themed post. Not deliberate, I've been working ridiculous hours the last few days and this is the only news I care about atm. There is the new Gallows song as well that I'll listen to soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment